Last week Balaji S Reddie of the #Deming forum, and I spoke to our guru and mentor Suresh Lulla on my show Manage Better. This was the season finale show and was totally worth it.
Mr Lulla is a legend and the foremost Quality teacher and consultant we have. A disciple of Dr J M #Juran, in this one-hour interaction he shared nuggets never heard before in public. Key points included:
1. How he started as an Economist, a reluctant one, but always had his head and heart in Quality
2. After being told he was over-qualified for the job he had applied for at #TCS he joined consulting firms
3. And then in 1987 #Qimpro happened more as a gift from Dr J M Juran and two well-wishers who dreamt on his behalf
4. Speaking the language of Business helped Qimpro get it's first client Tata Steel
5. Always focus on what matters to the Customer - there is nothing more to Quality
6. This century belongs to #Qualitist.
7. Understanding what is the problem is the key to Quality. Not the tool
8. Future of #quality is #green
9. Keep learning. Keep teaching
10. Our stakeholders are first Earth and the Society we live in. If we fail them all the other results don't matter.
Archives on www.ManageBetter.In
Follow me on LinkedIn, YouTube, and all popular Podcast channels - Anshuman Tiwari