In this episode, I speak with Shammi Pant to discuss how to identify and tackle Crucial Conversations at Work. Here are some key points from the talk:
1. Crucial conversations become crucial when opinions vary, stakes are high, and emotions run high
2. Like all skills, we can improve how we identify and tackle such conversations. Preparation helps
3. Self-awareness and introspection help us prepare.
4. We face such conversations often. At work and in personal life. Taking a deep breath. Pausing. Assessing our mindset is critical.
5. Confrontation may help you win the day but could lose you the war.
Of course, in some rare situations, the culture is toxic and there is malice in the air. Such a situation needs a decision, not a conversation.
Watch the video interview for more tips and tricks to get better at such conversations. Video is on my YouTube channel - Anshuman Tiwari
Follow me on LinkedIn, YouTube, and all popular Podcast channels - Anshuman Tiwari